Sunday, July 5, 2009

My first post!!

A BLOG? Why? Why not, really? I'd been toying with the idea of maintaining a blog of my own for a while now, and the only thing that kept me from doing so was... well... random stuff. It's been a really eventful summer, a roller coaster ride all throughout. Got to meet loads of fantastic people, share ideas, opinions, thoughts. There were also times when I lost touch with reason, I watched life criticize the truth, almost ended up throwing in the towel, too tired to fight; dusted myself off, sucked my gut in, and got back into the ring for another round. Yup, some summer this has turned out to be.

Anyway, I must confess I did wonder if blogging was going to be of any use at all, or would I just end up wasting hours pondering over what to write about. But yes, it's surprising to see how easily words flow once you sit down to write (type?!?) down stuff. Even flow, thoughts arrive like butterflies.. so goes the Pearl Jam number... it was the most appropriate title I could think of for my blog.. wasn't easy to choose one (the other contenders being as random as the now cliched "Comfortably numb", "Life in technicolor", "Stuck in a moment", "Mask of sanity" , "Saturday night" to something as mundane as "Chop suey", before I zeroed in on Even Flow). Thousands of times I have questioned myself if I would get anything out of blogging, and it didn't take very long to realize that it's fun, it's therepautic, it's a great way to self-introspect, a fantastic way to keep an account of different phases of emotions.. a place where I could manifest my thoughts into words, without really having to be extra cautious or anything.

Lets get one thing straight... my blog isn't gonna be anything like a diary. My life is not an open book for everyone to read. Blogs don't necassarily have to showcase the state of mind of the blogger... I'm not aware of the Blogger's Code of ethics, if there exists such a thing, but I shall try and see to it that no post of mine upsets a certain group of people, or anyone in particular.

So yeah, without bothering you any further with the details of WHY I've started blogging, I'll go ahead and leave you with a verse from one of my fav Bon jovi number..

If I don't believe in Jesus, how can I believe the Pope
If I don't believe in heroin, how can I believe the dope
If there's nothing but survival, how can I believe in sin
In a world that gives you nothing, we need something to believe in.
- Something to believe in (from These Days), Jon Bon Jovi

No comments:

Post a Comment